Beyond the pay
Read on for 6 More Reasons to Consider an Apprenticeship
Journeyman Wage Varies by Location
Earn a Base Hourly Rate of OVER
+Family Health Coverage
+Pension & Retirement
+Education & Training
1. Get paid to learn with apprenticeship instead of paying to learn in college. Pay increases along with your knowledge...guaranteed. Now, you can afford to live on your own, debt-free.
2. Contribute meaningful work to your community, with your own two hands. Protect the health of our water supply, the safety of our food and the comfort of our homes, hospitals and schools.
3. Advance your skills with continuing education and move up on the pay scale. Motivated professionals can promote into leadership roles or become masters of their trade.
4. Work on a team with diverse individuals at a site that is constantly changing. Keep your body toned and your brain sharp through your work. Get out from behind a desk or counter.
5. Transfer your skills from one employer to the next across the country. Parlay what you learn into a second career like owner, estimator, inspector or instructor.
6. Be home at night with your family and enjoy time with your friends on the weekend with contractor's hours. Or, choose to work overtime and increase your pay.
Hear from Apprentices & Professionals:
A Great Variety of Work
"You have to be pretty well-versed to work in this facility. Yesterday Blake was rolling on some pressure vessels with some thicker material, today, he hopped over to welding on stainless steel thin gauge piping."
College Was Boring for Me
"I have always been very active. I played sports in college - I loved that part of it. But sitting in a classroom all day and listening to a teacher lecture me and then having to write papers and do everything exactly the way they said it needed to be done, it was boring for me."