Beyond the Pay
6 More Reasons to Consider Apprenticeship
Steamfitters 601 Journeyman Wage
+Family Health Coverage
+Pension & Retirement
+Education & Training
1. Get paid to learn with apprenticeship instead of paying to learn in college. Pay increases along with your knowledge...guaranteed. Now, you can afford to live on your own, debt-free.
2. Contribute meaningful work to your community, with your own two hands. Protect the safety of our food supply through refrigeration, or comfort in homes, hospitals, and schools through cooling and heating systems.
3. Advance your skills with continuing education and move up on the pay scale. Motivated steamfitters can promote into leadership roles or become a master of their trade.
4. Work on a team with diverse individuals at a site that is constantly changing. Keep your body toned and your brain sharp through your work.
5. Transfer your skills from one employer to the next across the country. Parlay what you learn into a second career like owner, estimator, inspector or instructor.
6. Be home at night with your family and enjoy time with your friends on the weekend with contractors' hours. Or, choose to work overtime and increase your pay.
Hear from Professionals & Apprentices:
“A new individual will start out as a helper. He’ll work side by side with the welder so as he's helping, he's learning on the job...It's training at the school along with training on the job.”
Pride in Perfection
“We're dealing with natural gas. We're in homes and under streets. Everything's got to be perfect and that's what we pride ourselves on...We've got our training centers where guys come in and perfect their skill, so the end result is the excellent work that they do here.”
“Super proud to be here. It's an honor to be selected to represent our Local 601 apprenticeship program.”