Beyond the pay
9 More reasons to consider apprenticeship
400 Journeyman Wage
+Family Health Coverage
+Pension & Retirement
+Education & Training
1. Get paid to learn with apprenticeship instead of paying to learn in college. Pay increases along with your knowledge...guaranteed. Now, you can afford to live on your own, debt-free.
2. Contribute meaningful work to your community, with your own two hands. Protect the health of our water supply, the safety of our food and the comfort of our homes, hospitals and schools.
3. Advance your skills with continuing education and move up on the pay scale. Motivated professionals can promote into leadership roles or become masters of their trade.
4. Work on a team with diverse individuals at a site that is constantly changing. Keep your body toned and your brain sharp through your work. Get out from behind a desk or counter.
5. Transfer your skills from one employer to the next across the country. Parlay what you learn into a second career like owner, estimator, inspector or instructor.
6. Be home at night with your family and enjoy time with your friends on the weekend with contractor's hours. Or, choose to work overtime and increase your pay.
Pathways to Pipe Trades
7. Test out this career path with our trade introduction program before committing to an apprenticeship. Get hired in a pre-apprentice or metal trades position to start your pathway to the pipe trades.
Training as Unique as You
8. Choose from one of four apprenticeship programs: plumbing, steamfitting, HVAC/R service or pipe fabrication. Continue your education with an additional 14 certificate options in special disciplines that interest you.
9. Learn in training centers in Fond du Lac and Kaukauna. Work near home in businesses or on projects in northeast Wisconsin including the Fox Valley, Sheboygan and Green Bay.
Hear from Apprentices & Professionals:
Kevin Baird, 5th Year Apprentice
“I actually went to college first. It wasn't for me. I didn't really like it. I was more of a person that was hands-on."
A Rich Learning Experience
"A career in the pipe trades could be right for you. Earn while you learn with salaries that exceed most college grads."
- Apprenticeship annual salary, $39k-$65k
- Journeyworker annual salary, $80k-$84k
- Foreman annual salary, $85k-$90k