Beyond the Pay
6 More Reasons to Consider Apprenticeship
Plumbers & Steamfitters 400 Journeyman Wage
+Family Health Coverage
+Pension & Retirement
+Education & Training
1. Get paid to learn with apprenticeship instead of paying to learn in college. Pay increases along with your knowledge...guaranteed. Now, you can afford to live on your own, debt-free.
2. Contribute meaningful work to your community, with your own two hands. Protect the safety of our food supply through refrigeration, or comfort in homes, hospitals, and schools through cooling and heating systems.
3. Advance your skills with continuing education and move up on the pay scale. Motivated steamfitters can promote into leadership roles or become a master of their trade.
4. Work on a team with diverse individuals at a site that is constantly changing. Keep your body toned and your brain sharp through your work.
5. Transfer your skills from one employer to the next across the country. Parlay what you learn into a second career like owner, estimator, inspector or instructor.
6. Be home at night with your family and enjoy time with your friends on the weekend with contractors' hours. Or, choose to work overtime and increase your pay.
Hear from Professionals & Apprentices:
"You have to be pretty well-versed to work in this facility. Yesterday Blake was rolling on some pressure vessels with some thicker material, today, he hopped over to welding on stainless steel thin gauge piping."
“There's a lot we learn in school - and that's great - but it's nice to talk to a journeyman on the job and apply what we learned in the book to see how it works.”