Beyond the pay
6 More reasons to consider apprenticeship
Plumbers 75 Journeyman
+Plus Family Health Coverage
+Plus Pension & Retirement
+Plus Education & Training
1. Get paid to learn with apprenticeship instead of paying to learn in college. Pay increases along with your knowledge...guaranteed. Now, you can afford to live on your own, debt-free.
2. Contribute meaningful work to your community, with your own two hands. Protect their health by delivering clean and safe drinking water.
Job Growth & Security
3. Advance your skills with continuing education and move up on the pay scale. Motivated plumbers can promote into leadership roles or become a master plumber.
4. Work on a team with diverse individuals at a site that is constantly changing. Keep your body toned and your brain sharp through your work.
5. Transfer your skills from one employer to the next across the country. Or, parlay what you learn into a second career like owner, estimator, inspector or instructor.
6. Be home at night with your family and enjoy time with your friends on the weekend with contractors' hours. Or, choose to work overtime and increase your pay.
Hear from Apprentices:
College was Boring for Me
"I have always been very active. I played sports in college - I loved that part of it. But sitting in a classroom all day and listening to a teacher lecture me and then having to write papers and do everything exactly the way they said it needed to be done, it was boring for me."
You Get Paid the Day You're in School
"I tried college. Working all summer just to pay for class wasn't working out for me. Here you get paid the day you're in school. You're getting paid to learn instead of paying to learn. When you start out as an apprentice that wage is pretty generous compared to other jobs' starting pay."