Beyond the Pay
6 More Reasons to Consider Apprenticeship
Sprinkler Fitters 183 Journeyman Wage
+Family Health Coverage
+Pension & Retirement
+Education & Training
1. Get paid to learn with apprenticeship instead of paying to learn in college. Pay increases along with your knowledge...guaranteed. Now, you can afford to live on your own, debt-free.
2. Contribute meaningful work to your community, with your own two hands. Protect the safety of citizens and the integrity of buildings through active fire protection.
3. Advance your skills with continuing education and move up on the pay scale. Motivated professionals can promote into foremen and superintendent roles.
4. Work on a team with diverse individuals at a site that is constantly changing. Keep your body toned and your brain sharp through your work, and forget sitting at a desk.
5. Transfer your skills from one employer to the next across the country. Parlay what you learn into a second career like owner, estimator, inspector or instructor.
6. Be home at night with your family and enjoy time with your friends on the weekend with contractors' hours. Or, choose to work overtime and increase your pay.
Train Near Your Home
The Sprinkler Fitters Local 183 training center is located in Milwaukee, WI, and serves Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Washington and Waukesha counties.
Test Your Skills
"At the Wisconsin Pipe Trades Apprenticeship Contest...contestants are judged very closely by the proctor. Neatness, accuracy, craftsmanship are critical."